Skip to main content

I live in Idaho . Does ANYONE do pro bono out there ?

Coeur D Alene, ID |

Married 35 years. He cheated the last 2 years. In divorce decree he agreed to pay spousal support. In December he stopped paying. Now I can't pay my mortgage. He has hired an attorney and is wanting to change decree so he doesn't have to pay anymore.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Yes, Mr. Cohen, there is an Idaho. Yes, we have moose and other gifts of Mother Nature. We also have caring and knowledgeable attorneys, a very hard-working Idaho Legal Aid Services, and an organized pro bono program, the Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program.

    I find your "answer," Mr. Cohen offensive. This asker is sincere and deserves more consideration and respect. In my opinion you have disregarded the Avvo Community Guidelines and violated the TOS. For that reason, you are FLAGGED.

    This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

  2. I am not licensed in Idaho, but there is a strong likelihood that you can bring your ex back to court to be found in indirect civil contempt of court (or whatever it is referred to you in your state) for violation of your divorce decree. It may also be true that if your ex is found in contempt, that your attorney's fees could be paid by him. If you cannot afford a lawyer, you have options for legal assistance. Please look to Ms Sinclair for answers. If she cannot help you, she will probably be able to refer you to attorneys or agencies who can, especially if you are in the same geographical area. You can also click on the Find a Lawyer tab at the top of this page to find lawyers in your area. I am not familiar with your state, but here in Illinois, you would find many qualified lawyers. I can also assume the same is true where you are located. Best wishes.

  3. There are, indeed, many qualified attorneys in Idaho who provide pro bono representation. You should contact the Idaho State Bar at (208) 334-4500 and ask for the Lawyer Referral Service or pro bono representation.

    I wish you the best.

    No attorney-client relationship is created by responding to any question on Avvo. Further, nothing contained in any response may be relied upon as legal advice.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics