I live in florida with my 4yr old son and his mom lives in arizona, she filed a petition in arizona for child support i went to

Asked over 4 years ago - Tampa, FL

i live in florida with my 4yr old son and his mom lives in arizona, she filed a petition in arizona for child support i went to the hearing and the court because my son has lived with me most of his life ordered that she has to pay me child support,now she just served me again now for custody and support, what should i do,? do i have to respond? it gets expenssive flying to arizona every time she desides to sue me . THanks in advanset

1. Brian David Arrighi

Pro

Answered . You need to file in Florida and have the Arizona case transferred to Florida. If your son has lived in FL for more than 6 months, then FL is the child's home state and should exercise jurisdiction of these issues. Be very careful not to concede to jurisdiction in AZ. Consult with a lawyer.