I live in Florida and trying to get some advice on my options due to how I was terminated

Jacksonville, FL |

Came back to work 12/23 after being out due to my brothers death to be terminated due to Unsatisfactory Performance. I took this new position within the company due to being pressured by numerous upper mgmt individuals to take it, took the job due to them telling me it was scheduling and working with employees on schedules but once I got there the job was no where even close to what they said - Never given my salary in writing - never given job description - never given 90 day probation information nor signed anything regarding any of this - Advised during termination that I was on 90 day probation, told them I was never advised of this, also told them I was told this was presented as scheduling job-Had very large amount of PTO left which I will not receive - Anything I can do?

Seek some legal help from a labor attorney asap. Under the facts given not necessarily a claim that can be pursued, but many other facts are missing, like your age, nationality, how long were you with the company, etc.

The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices.

Its difficult to determine from the facts you have presented. You may have some sort of a breach of contract claim for the PTO time, but more information would be needed to determine that.

As my colleague noted, you would probably be best served to sit down with a qualified employment lawyer and discuss your specific circumstance in some detail. Good Luck.

Recommended articles about Employment