I live in Florida and I was locked out of my business of nonpayment of back rent is this legal and can they sell my possesions?l

Asked over 3 years ago - Brandon, FL

I have a copy of my lease and I dont understand alot of the legal terminology which lets me know that I should have a legal representation before I signed this lease but I have been struggling financially in my business for the last several months and I have been making some sort of payment to them, some months a little more but still falling behind and now I have the opportunity for some business expansion, so I will be able to eventually catch up on whats owed, but my landlord locked my business making it impossible to earn the money necessary to pay my bills or any money that is owed. What can I do in this case?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Carol Lynne Zimmerly


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . This falls under the heading of prohibited practices. Go see a local landlord lawyer immediately. You can ask a judge for three months of rent for this action by the Landlord.

    Let us know what happens. Good luck.

    If my answer is informative or helpful, please give me a vote up. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,057 answers this week

3,356 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,057 answers this week

3,356 attorneys answering