I live in Connecticut and my wife is filing for a divorce after 30 years , do not want a divorce

Asked over 1 year ago - Niantic, CT

who stays in the house and who pays for the divorce , she is telling every one a lot of lies,
that are not true. only to get her own way. she is serving me with the divorce papers.

1. Christopher P Norris

1

Answered . In regards to who stays in the house, there isnt a firm rule on that. Often both parties remain in the house until the divorce is completed. Who winds up with it is a different question that is fact specific. Thirty years of marriage with no other facts (disability, inheritance, etc) starts a lawyer off thinking everything get split. That doesnt mean you actually get half the physical house. One can stay there and buy out the other, trade off on assets, etc. Who pays for the divorce starts out by each spending what they deem appropriate. If it comes from a joint asset then you both are in essence paying. The fact you don't want a divorce doesn't stop it from happening. You can however delay the process about a year. This sounds very difficult on you emotionally which is completely normal for someone in your position. You need an attorney to discuss the facts with and plan how best to navigate through this process. Good luck