I live in Colorado. My daughter turns 19 in October of this year. Am I required to pay for the Beauty school shes enrolled in.

Asked about 5 years ago - Denver, CO

Daugher graduated HS in May. Became a mother in July. Her mother filed Motion to Modify stating daugher lives with her full time and is enrolled in Beauty School beginning Sept. 12th. All parties knows she lives between mothers house and boyfriends parents house. She was going to take some on line courses in Nursing but suddenly now this. Daughter and boyfriend both turn 19 this year, Daughter previously pregnancy in August 2007 but mother terminated pregnancy. We all talked with her about what it takes to raise a child but they ignored our advice and she became pregnant again and is now a mother. Her mother is making a case that daugher unable to work and attend school full time and she is providing for all. I am current and not in arrears. Do I have a case?

It is not so much do I have to pay for Beauty School, her mother is requesting $604.00 a month in support for an additional year.

1. Suzanne Griffiths

Answered . Child support terminates in CO at age 19 years. You have no obligation to pay any child support as soon as your daughter reaches age 19. You are also not obliged to pay the cost of beauty school. Your sole obligation is to pay child support which is calculated using the CO Child Support Guidelines though age 19.