I live in California Am renting a one bed room apartment for 1250.00 + 25.00 a month for my cat Ive had many annoying proplem

Asked over 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

I had city code enforcement out to inspect the unit he red taged it the whole unit is going torn down. Can i sue the landlord and win

1. Karim Shawn Manji

Answered . Sure you can sue if the whole unit is going to be destroyed and your tenancy agreement gives you a right to sue under such circumstances. If your lease in month to month however it wouldn't make sense to sue. If you still have several months remaining on your lease, you may have some rights you can enforce.

2. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Answered . Yes. You should probably talk to a local landlord tenant attorney.