I live in baltimore county my landlord doesnt have a rental license is that a breach in my lease?

Baltimore, MD |

I filed a rent escrow case and had housing inspectors to come out and found several violations. In court it was thrown out because the landlord didnt have a renters license so she couldnt take me to court for failure to pay rent. What can i do next?

1. The lack of a rental license will not allow you to break your lease -- it's to ensure that a landlord keeps the premises habitable. It sounds like you've done the right thing in filing a rent escrow action, but your question is unclear as to what happened. You should consult an attorney for more guidance.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.