I live in Arizona and need information for time period I have to file lawsuit in the superior court regarding written contract.

Phoenix, AZ |

I have a written contract with a finance company and need to know the amount of time I have to file a suit against them for contract breach. I have been told 2yrs, I've been told as many as 5 or 6 years too. Can anyone clear this up for me please....

For your reference, the Arizona statute setting forth the six-year statute of limitations for bringing a claim for breach of a written contract is Arizona Revised Statute Section 12-548.

This email provides general information only as a public service and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

2. the statute of limitations in Arizona on a written contract is 6 years.

Disclaimer: The foregoing answer does not create an attorney-client relationship with Attorney Cannella or her firm. This answer does not constitute legal advice, is provided for informational and educational purposes only for persons interested in the subject matter, is not legal opinion, nor confidential in nature. Each situation is fact specific and may be subject to state specific laws. Without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem fully.

3. The statute of limitations for breach of a written contract is six years.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.