I live in an apt owned by the company i work for. They pay for the internet. I own my computer. Do i have any rights? privacy?

Asked about 1 year ago - Brenton, WV

Phone? Skype? Emails? Facebook?

I also share a P.O. box with this company

1. Brenton Daniel Vincenzes

Pro

3

Answered . I'm not going to act like I know the conclusive answer because there are too many factors to consider here, but one thing you may want to ask yourself is, do you do any work at home? If you do, then it is less likely that you have a "reasonable expectation of privacy."

If you were terminated, talk to an employment law attorney. If you are in trouble with the law, talk to a criminal defense attorney.

2. Thomas J Callahan

1

Answered . I agree with Atty. Vincenzes. If you do any work from home, and thus operate thru the employer's server, you likely have no privacy any more than you would on an office computer. I have little knowledge of the tactics of hacking, but if all they do is pay a bill, and your online activity at home is off the company's server, your likelihood of privacy is much better. I would not share a PO Box. I think anyone has the right to open mail correctly delivered to their address.