I live in Albany ny and I want to kno if my parole officer can violate me on my last day of parole for not being home for curfew

Albany, NY |

I am off parole March 2,2012 and my parole officer said that I'm not fully off of parole until midnight. The 2nd is on a Friday nd I want to leave the state for a vacation. I got out at 9am on march2, 2011 so y is it I'm not off parole at that time. I was locked up for 2 straight years nd am doing my whole last yr on parole I have not had one prob. Not one. Can she violate me if I'm not home by my curfew of 10pm if I'm supposedly off parole officially 2hours later?? This is BS...she is bugging. Please someone help me. This is also my first time in trouble.

Well, technically she could violate you but when parole, unlike probation, expires and if you a they can only penalize you for the remaining period of parole and in your case, that would be none.

That being said, why ask for the trouble. If she violates you and they lock you up, even for an hour, was it worth it?

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo, LLP
President, Criminal Courts Bar Association of Nassau County
1103 Stewart Avenue, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
(O) 516-408-3666
(F) 516-408-3833
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

Sent from my Verizon Blackberry

----- Original Message -----

She can violate you. Why ask for trouble. One more day, and you'll be rid of her.

Short answer is that if you are on parole the officer can violate you. The good news is that worst case scenario you can only owe them one day so if a judge wants t go all out on you the max you can get is one day. Recognizing that I don't really believe any decent parole officer would violate you on your last day but if that person is a real character I don't believe a judge would take it seriously. Either way it s a huge cluster of a headache and why look for trouble? Be smart and go on vacation a day later.

Technically she can violate you. Your punishment would be at most one day. Don;t create more trouble for yourself and just wait a day.

All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. However, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication. For a privileged private consultation, contact me at 212-385-8600 or via my website www.reasonabledoubtny.com