I live in a no fault state, but was rear ended in a tort liability state. Can I claim no fault benefits?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Philippi, WV

I am a resident in Michigan with no fault insurance. I was rear ended in West Virginia and they have tort liability insurance. I have no medical insurance. Can I receive no fault benefits? The driver of the vehicle was not the owner. The owner was in the passenger seat. The police said he was !00% at fault. My neck and back are hurting me , but I can not afford to see a doctor. Who pays to fix my vehicle too?

1. Answered . Immediately contact your insurance company, and file a truthful application for No-fault benefits. Do the same with the insurance company for the car you were riding in, and any other vehicles in the household where you reside.. You should also immediately contact an atty ( a GOOD one) in the state where the collision was, and ask what his or her advice is, as well. If you need help finding one- let me know. Don't wait. Best wishes.
    Bob Brenna Jr.
    Brenna@brennalaw.com
    Brenna Brenna And Boyce PLLC
    Rochester New York 14625