I live in a no fault state, but was rear ended in a tort liability state. Can I claim no fault benefits?

Asked over 4 years ago - Philippi, WV

I am a resident in Michigan with no fault insurance. I was rear ended in West Virginia and they have tort liability insurance. I have no medical insurance. Can I receive no fault benefits? The driver of the vehicle was not the owner. The owner was in the passenger seat. The police said he was !00% at fault. My neck and back are hurting me , but I can not afford to see a doctor. Who pays to fix my vehicle too?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Robert L. Brenna Jr.


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Immediately contact your insurance company, and file a truthful application for No-fault benefits. Do the same with the insurance company for the car you were riding in, and any other vehicles in the household where you reside.. You should also immediately contact an atty ( a GOOD one) in the state where the collision was, and ask what his or her advice is, as well. If you need help finding one- let me know. Don't wait. Best wishes.
    Bob Brenna Jr.
    Brenna Brenna And Boyce PLLC
    Rochester New York 14625

Related Topics

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Jon Mitchell Jackson

Automobile Accidents

Most people are not aware of the fact that motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of injury and death in the United States. Americans collectively drive almost three trillion miles... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,189 answers this week

2,691 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,189 answers this week

2,691 attorneys answering