I live in a hud apt. the apt mng asked for a security deposti and in addition a $300. pet deposit. is this correct?

Asked almost 2 years ago - 56232

I am on HUD assistance and the county pay's for the majority of my rent.My apt has been un inhabitable due to the plumbing for the past 6 weeks and the drug and alcoholic tenants that live in the building. I am afraid for my safety. I have to stay with a friend. Furthermore because of my disability I had to relinquish my small dog so I no longer have a pet. They refuse to fix the plumbing or have the onsite mngr stop using drugs in public, help!!!

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Immediately contact http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/compla... and report what has happened and what is going on in yuor apartment.

    READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,776 answers this week

3,040 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,776 answers this week

3,040 attorneys answering