I live in a hud apt. the apt mng asked for a security deposti and in addition a $300. pet deposit. is this correct?

56232 |

I am on HUD assistance and the county pay's for the majority of my rent.My apt has been un inhabitable due to the plumbing for the past 6 weeks and the drug and alcoholic tenants that live in the building. I am afraid for my safety. I have to stay with a friend. Furthermore because of my disability I had to relinquish my small dog so I no longer have a pet. They refuse to fix the plumbing or have the onsite mngr stop using drugs in public, help!!!

Immediately contact http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/complaints/badlandlord and report what has happened and what is going on in yuor apartment.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I give a 100% effort to get you on the right track with your issue. Sometimes that means legal educational information, sometimes that means counseling and non-legal guidance. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.