I live an rent a home in lackawanna ny. the owner whom lives in Florida told me that the house is going in foreclosure

Buffalo, NY |

What are my rights here as the tenant, I'm i going to get kicked to the curb & I've paid all my rent to the owner monthly on time.

I don't see much opportunity to establish an obligation by the bank to act as your landlord, but, that said, consult with a local attorney experienced in landlord / tenant law. Buffalo may have certain law on the books favorable to tenants under which you may be able to file for an extension of your lease term. Courts look favorably on tenants that pay rent on time.

This is not intended as legal advice but as educational information only. One should seek independent legal counsel.

Dear Buffalo Tenant:

No. New York tenants do net get kicked to the curb even if not paying rent. Your landlord may be engaged in the foreclosure process for a long time. In any case, as long as you are a tenant and continue to reside at the property your rent obligation does not cease.

Read more about your rights as a New York tenant at:

http://www.ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/pdfs/publications/Tenant_Rights_2011.pdf

Good luck

The answer provided to you is in the nature of general information. The general proposition being that you should try to avoid a bad outcome if you can.

A landlord's foreclosure is a matter between the landlord and his/her/its bank, In the event the lender successfully takes the property by foreclosure, the lender takes the premises subject to your tenancy.

This communication is intended only to provide general information. No attorney-client relationship is created.