I like my divorce attny but I think she is not aggressive enough

Dover, MA |
Filed under: Divorce

But I am afraid of hiring someone too aggressive any advice?

I feel the same way about my personal trainer, she scares the heck out of me, but I lost 20 pounds. However, i am not paying 200 something per hour and there is no correlation between her attitude and how much my bill is, although my fat my argue that point. Hire someone you like and you don't think will overbill or make it worse. I don't mean to minimize your question as there is no such thing as a bad question, but i focus on these counties and honestly there is a list of lawyers in my drawer that i wouldn't let represent my dog (did i say that outloud) yes I did becuase ma has no mandatory CLE's there are tons of angry lawyers who just bill bill bill without producing anything but stress. Find someone you like and work with him or her, life is short and you only get one! I do wish you well, I am done answering for the nite.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

2. I agree with the previous post. I suggest that you speak with your lawyer to understand her case approach. Set some objective goals such as discovery items. Look at the lawyer reviews here. Remember, you hired the lawyer and you can fire the lawyer if you are dissatisfied.

Best of luck

Legal disclaimer: The response does not form an attorney-client relationship. Further, the response is not intended to create nor does it create a duty to answer additional questions. The response should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change. Attorney Sommers is licensed to practice law only in the State of Ohio. All responses are based solely on Ohio law unless stated otherwise

3. I would strongly suggest that you meet with your current attorney and explain our concerns. It may be that she is not in fact aggessive enough for you or there has been some miscommunication between the two of you that can be resolved. If you're still not satisfied after meeting with her, then research other attorneys on Avvo and Google until you find one that you think is more suitable for you. Good luck!

Attorney Eric Schutzbank is licensed to practice in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. The above information is not legal advice and is merely intended for educational purposes. No attorney-client relationship has been established between the author of the post and Attorney Eric Schutzbank

4. Your attorney advises you, but as the client, you have the finally say with respect to decision making. I would speak with your attorney about your issues and, if during that conversation, it is clear that you differ with respect to strategy or it is clear that your attorney is not aggressive enough because of inexperience or being overmatched by opposing counsel, then I would move on to another attorney.

The content of this answer should not be relied upon or used as a subsitute for consultation with professional advisors and it should be clearly understood that no attorney-client privilege has been created. A more complete answer and/or more accurate answer can only be provided in a more thorough examination of the facts in a consultation with my firm.