Skip to main content

I lied on a second statement on a crime i didn't commit now i gotta go to policr ststion to talk to them what can i do

Muleshoe, TX |

I have never been in trouble before i was accused of theft i have two statememrs my first one telling them i didn't do anything but after they made me say i had something to do with it so i cpuld leave bc my mother in law was dying i did i had to go they didn't arrast mr but I'm suppose to go the police to talk yo them i gotta tell them i lied on the seconf statement because

I didn't do it it'd over thst someone broke into the store thst workef at but they usrd my codes n everyone knowsei iy in the management teami was in a different town what can i do
I had no keys to get into the store at all what do i do

Attorney Answers 3


Next time, seek legal advice BEFORE you confess

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit Good luck!

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You absolutely need to talk to a lawyer before you give the police a third statement. Period.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


No suspect is ever "required" to talk to the police about the suspected crime. Suspects have rights under the US Constitution, the Texas Constitution, and the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure to refuse to speak with law enforcement officers about a crime that they are suspected of committing. You really need to speak with a criminal defense lawyer ASAP.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics