I let a woman to sign checks for the business while I was ill. While I was gone she wrote checks to herself .

East Bernstadt, KY |

I became ill and put her name to sign for checks while I was out and sick . Later I found out she had wrote 1870.00 worth of checks to herself dome she put her name on , some she wrote them to cash, and signed them on the back I never told her she could do this . She was only support to pay the merchants for materials .

I'm not sure what kind of response you are seeking here exactly that you do not already know.

This is a crime and you can certainly report it to the police and see if they will take any action. You can also sue her in civil court to recoup the amount you lost. This would be ripe for the small claims court where no lawyer is needed. Just be sure to bring any and all evidence to the hearing.

All the best,
Frank
Natoli-Lapin, LLC

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed with the law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC on the basis of this posting.

I must agree with Mr. Natoli. Beyond his good advice I see no alternatives.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.