I left work sick after having permission to leave work then suspended for two weeks fired a week into suspension

Asked over 1 year ago - Friant, CA

I came to work sick on 2/19 the gen. Manager told me who to call in so I can go home. After doing so, 2/20, I was suspended for 2 weeks. On 2/26, I was called to pick up my last check and was fired. Is that legal or can I collect unemployment?

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . You posted a slightly more detailed version of this question yesterday and received multiple sound responses from exceptionally skilled and experienced attorneys. What possible utility is there in attempting to manipulate a different answer based on a tweaked set of facts?

2. Neil Pedersen

Answered . Apparently you posted before, but I think I missed it. Based solely on these facts, if there was nothing else happening, like performance or attitude issues unrelated to your need for time off related to a temporarily disabling condition, it is possible you have a claim.

It is important that you locate and consult with an experienced employment law attorney to explore your facts and determine your options. I would suggest you look either on this site in the Find a Lawyer section, or go to www.cela.org, the home page for the California Employment Lawyers Association, an organization whose members are dedicated to the representation of employees against their employers.

Good luck to you.