I left the scene of an accident but I came back, how long will my licenses be suspended for?

Memphis, TN |

I came back in less than an hour and I have them my insurance information, there was no one hurt but there was property damage. Both cars are drive able.

Immediately contact a local criminal law attorney for advice. Do not make any further statement until you speak to an attorney. Do not post additional information about the incident on this or any other public forum. Call an attorney today.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Consult with a criminal defense attorney.

Retain a local criminal lawyer to fight it

Hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP. Because you did return and give your information, it's possible an attorney can work out something other than a criminal conviction for you. It's also possible that if there were no injuries and only minor property damage that you can avoid a conviction altogether. Speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. I am available to discuss this with you if you like.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. I provide this service for educational purposes only. I will take no action on your behalf unless you have hired me and a written retainer agreement is signed. I am licensed only in Tennessee and I strongly suggest you consult with an attorney in your city and state as Statute of Limitation deadlines can limit your recovery.

Leaving the scene is a crime and you face consequences for committing it, but if you hire a qualified criminal defense attorney who regularly practices in the Memphis criminal court system, you may not face the harshest consequences. I strongly recommend speaking with a Memphis lawyer immediately.

Any answer provided by John Lyndon Lowery is for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as actual legal advice as facts not included in the question or answer may change the scenario and opinion offered by John Lyndon Lowery. The answering of a question or other online dialogue does not create an attorney-client relationship and unless a retainer agreement is signed by both a client and John Lyndon Lowery, no attorney-client relationship exists.