I left my home in other state to find a job in Texas, now my husband that lives in other state claims that i separated him, beca

Asked over 1 year ago - Cedar Rapids, IA

i left my home in other state to find a job in Texas, now my husband that lives in other state claims that i separated him. when I was in other state, he found a new girl friend, can he consider the day I left home as separation date or the day he will file for separation will consider day of separation? because of assets and debts and ....

1. Jeffrey B. Peltz

Pro

Answered . The fact that you moved, may or may not have any effect on assets and debts. If he has brought a divorce action int the state in which he resides you should consult with an attorney in the county in which he brought the action. If he hasn't started a divorce and you want a divorce you should consult with an attorney. If you haven't lived in Texas long enough for Texas to have jurisdiction, then you will need to start it in the state your husband resides.