I leave in sherman tx,and got my 4th dwi since 94 but so far it only shows i have3

Asked over 1 year ago - Sherman, TX

pulled over for swearving and no lights

had kids under14

1. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

2

Answered . You need to speak with a good criminal defense lawyer in your community ASAP.

You have actually not asked a question here, but I will lay out some general legal principles you might want to go over with whomever you consult.

[1] DWI with a child in the car is a state jail (bottom level) felony if the child was under 15 years old.

[2] No matter how old the DWI convictions are, if a person has at least 2 prior DWI conviction, they can be charged with felony DWI under Texas law.

My last thought is that you need to get with a good DWI criminal lawyer ASAP. That lawyer can give you advice specific to your situation and can do a full evaluation of the case to see if you may have a defense. That lawyer may...no guarantees...but may be able to approach the prosecutor to try to limit your exposure through negotiation.

2. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

2

Answered . The offense is always referred to as a DWI 3rd even if it is a fourth, fifth, sixth, etc.

3. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

2

Answered . It's not clear what your question is, but you'll definitely want to hire an attorney. Good luck.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now