I know that the laws in Florida have recently changed. I'm needing to know how to get a drivers license as an immigrant

Orlando, FL |
Filed under: Immigration

I know the laws on immigrants in Florida have changed in the last couple of years. I am needing to know what paperwork / identification is required to get a drivers license as an immigrant in the state of Florida and how someone would go about obtaining the needed paperwork to obtain their license.

Go to the website of the bureau of motor vehicles in Florida.

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.

I concur with my colleague.

The following link provides complete information:

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

In order to obtain a drivers license in Florida you must establish that you are lawfully present in the United States. What documents will be required will depend on your current immigration status.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

Recommended articles about Immigration