I know that I am being investigated. But I have not been told by police. What do I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

OK, I know for a fact that I am being investigated by the police. Friends have dropped out of my life for no reason. Any job I get now, people seem to avoid me at all cost when ever I begin to work( I end up leaving ). I know that I have been fallowed by undercover cops on different times. I know that I am not being paranoid. I strongly believe that I am being investigated. Is there anything legal counsel I can get to help me figure out my options? I really am SCARED! THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Do you know what branch of law enforcement is investigating you? Do you know what you are being investigated for? How long has this been going on? A criminal defense lawyer might be able to make some calls to see what is going on.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was... more
  2. Richard Javon Washington

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should get a lawyer. Hiring a lawyer will allow you to fully discuss your concerns and the possible/pending investigation. It will also allow you and your counsel to be prepared and on the same page if you are arrested and charged with a crime.

  3. Jayson Lutzky


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Retain a criminal defense lawyer.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,013 answers this week

3,035 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,013 answers this week

3,035 attorneys answering