I know malpractice is a tort in Wisconsin. Is battery by doctors recognized as well?

Wittenberg, WI -

James Lawrence Magazine

James Lawrence Magazine

Personal Injury Lawyer - New Port Richey, FL

Contact the police first to file battery charges. Battery is a criminal offense, however what damages were incurred as a result?

Jim Magazine

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

If you were the victim of a battery in any state, call the police immediately. Good luck.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
Joseph Jonathan Brophy

Joseph Jonathan Brophy

Medical Malpractice Attorney - White Plains, NY

Touching a person without permission is considered a battery, and battery is a tort. That is the basis of the law of informed consent. If permission was obtained without properly informing the patient, that is no permission at all. Or so the theory goes. As a practical matter, almost nobody gets compensated for battery by a health care provider. The battery theory usually gets folded into a malpractice claim.

Related Advice