I know malpractice is a tort in Wisconsin. Is battery by doctors recognized as well?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Wittenberg, WI

1. James Lawrence Magazine

5

Answered . Contact the police first to file battery charges. Battery is a criminal offense, however what damages were incurred as a result?

Jim Magazine

Pro

4

Answered . If you were the victim of a battery in any state, call the police immediately. Good luck.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Joseph Jonathan Brophy

2

1

Answered . Touching a person without permission is considered a battery, and battery is a tort. That is the basis of the law of informed consent. If permission was obtained without properly informing the patient, that is no permission at all. Or so the theory goes. As a practical matter, almost nobody gets compensated for battery by a health care provider. The battery theory usually gets folded into a malpractice claim.