I just want to be sure I am doing the right thing. Do Green Card Holders need to renew Employment Authorization Card?

Oklahoma City, OK |

I just called the USCIS about my Employment Authorization Card, which is about the expire, and was told I don't need to renew it. Is that correct? I have a temporary Green Card. Thank you.

IF you are a green card holder, you don't need employment authorization card. Temporary Green card is a type of green card. So you don't need EAD.

Do Green Card Holders need to renew Employment Authorization Card? No

I just called the USCIS about my Employment Authorization Card, which is about the expire, and was told I don't need to renew it. Is that correct? Yes

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Thank you!

The green card is your work authorization.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

No

An exceptional AILA immigration attorney with 22 years of experience who can be reached at 801 656 9605.