I just turned 17 this month and want to move in with my 20 year old boyfriend, my parents wont allow this so...?

Asked over 1 year ago - Mckinney, TX

I want to get emancipated, Is this a good enough reason to get emancipated, would the court let me move out for this, my boyfriend and I both have jobs, and were looking at moving in together in a few months after we save up some money...we both have vehicles, mine is registered to myself and his to himself...we can afford to live and have medical coverage, so would it be granted?

1. Vicki Elaine Wiley

Answered . I encourage you to seek counsel fom a local family attorney who is familiar with the judges in the McKinney area to give you a good picture of what your chances are based on your particular facts. Many will give a free initial consult. Good luck!