Skip to main content

I just turned 17 this month and want to move in with my 20 year old boyfriend, my parents wont allow this so...?

Mckinney, TX |

I want to get emancipated, Is this a good enough reason to get emancipated, would the court let me move out for this, my boyfriend and I both have jobs, and were looking at moving in together in a few months after we save up some money...we both have vehicles, mine is registered to myself and his to himself...we can afford to live and have medical coverage, so would it be granted?

Attorney Answers 1


I encourage you to seek counsel fom a local family attorney who is familiar with the judges in the McKinney area to give you a good picture of what your chances are based on your particular facts. Many will give a free initial consult. Good luck!

This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person asking a question and the person answering, or a duty to respond to ongoing questions; nor is it intended to replace competent legal assistance in the jurisdiction where the matter/issue arises or is before a Court.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics