I just started a small business .

Asked about 1 year ago - Greensboro, NC

Can i hire illegal employees or sub contractors that do not have an ITIN number ? second part , can i hire illegals if they do have an ITIN and they file taxes every year >

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

15

2

Answered . A very strong "no" to both your questions, Amigo!

2. Vance Tate Davis

10

1

Answered . Congratulations on starting a small business. Your next goal should be to retain a good local attorney to give you advice on how to go about hiring subcontractors so that you won't lose your business and quite possibly your freedom by making big legal mistakes. The Secretary of State's website has several links to provide you with good information on how to properly do business in the state. You could also contact the N.C. Small Business and Technology Development Center to learn more about how to get your business off to a strong start.

3. Ingrid Arnalda Morfa

11

Answered . I agree with my colleague. The answer is no.

4. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

10

Answered . I agree with my colleague. No to both questions.

5. J Charles Ferrari

9

Answered . Sure, if you want the government to impose fines that could end up closing your small business.

6. John P Corrigan

6

1

Answered . You can hire who want to.....but there are civil and criminal consequences you may not like if you get caught by ICE......also if the employees (illegal) get injured then workers comp claim can bring it all to the surface and then what will you do.....there is risk and then RISK....check out what happened to the 7-11 people in the latest ICE investigation and you will see that it could land you in jail and leave your family in the lurch.....is it worth it tom save a few bucks?