Skip to main content

I just started a small business .

Greensboro, NC |

Can i hire illegal employees or sub contractors that do not have an ITIN number ? second part , can i hire illegals if they do have an ITIN and they file taxes every year >

Attorney Answers 6

  1. A very strong "no" to both your questions, Amigo!

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. I agree with my colleague. The answer is no.

  3. Sure, if you want the government to impose fines that could end up closing your small business.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  4. I agree with my colleague. No to both questions.

    Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  5. Congratulations on starting a small business. Your next goal should be to retain a good local attorney to give you advice on how to go about hiring subcontractors so that you won't lose your business and quite possibly your freedom by making big legal mistakes. The Secretary of State's website has several links to provide you with good information on how to properly do business in the state. You could also contact the N.C. Small Business and Technology Development Center to learn more about how to get your business off to a strong start.

    It is impossible to give specific answers to questions without meeting and fully discussing all of the potential issues that may not be addressed by your question. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information and are not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. The answer provided is intended to educate you and point to issues for you to raise in a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim(s) without first seeking the professional opinion of a licensed attorney.

  6. You can hire who want to.....but there are civil and criminal consequences you may not like if you get caught by ICE......also if the employees (illegal) get injured then workers comp claim can bring it all to the surface and then what will you do.....there is risk and then RISK....check out what happened to the 7-11 people in the latest ICE investigation and you will see that it could land you in jail and leave your family in the it worth it tom save a few bucks?

    My answer is not intended to be giving legal advice and this topic can be a complex area where the advice of a licensed attorney in your State should be obtained. Please click "helpful" or "best answer" if my answer added any value or add a "comment" if you have more info for me to help you get a better answer.

Tax return topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics