I just recieved my third dwi whats im facing, license and jailtime

Asked over 1 year ago - Lumberton, NC

My second dwi I blowed .08 and my forth was a.14 but a .10 in his car. All in seven years.

1. F. "Bill" William Powers

Pro

6

Answered . Need a bit more information, as the inquiry makes reference to three or four priors. There have been substantial changes to the law, specifically pertaining to sentencing and Grossly Aggravating Factors.

Check out precious postings on AVVO.com regarding "Laura's Law." Given the possible consequences, separate and apart from Laura's Law, consultation with an EXPERIENCED DWI DUI Impaired Driving attorney makes sense.

Bill Powers
    www.northcarolinadwilaws.com
    www.powmac.com

2. Fred B. Amos II

Pro

6

Answered . I believe that you are saying that you were charged with your third DWI in seven years. Also, I assume you were convicted in the first two instances. If that is not true, that is very good. However, if this is your third DWI within the previous seven years, you are in a very bad position indeed. If you are convicted of DWI three times within a 10-year period you are deemed to be a habitual impaired driver, which would make you a Class F felon. If that is the case, you will serve a minimum of 12 months in prison. Yes, I said minimum. That sentence will not be suspended. You are looking at active jail time for one year minimum. Further, your driver license will be permanently revoked. Depending on whether there are any other grossly aggravating factors, you are likely looking at the potential of a $4000 fine. You need to hire a DWI defense attorney immediately. Good luck to you.

3. Howard C Williams

4

Answered . seek a dui attorney in your area ASAP. You are facing serious consequences that you should not handle on your own.

4. Zachary Andrew Cohen

Pro

1

Answered . It sounds like you have experience with the court system. You certainly need to hire an attorney to fight for you. Three grossly aggravating factors could place you in an aggravated level 1 sentencing situation. There is also the habitual DWI, but if you weren't charged as habitual initially, you may not have reached habitual status.