Skip to main content

I just recently found out that my husband has a child support order against him. How can I legally obtain a copy of that order?

Milwaukee, WI |

My husband and I are both being garnished for credit cards that we owned separately. The cc company stated that they can no longer garnish my husband's wages due to a child support garnishment on his paycheck because it would exceed the maximum%. My husband states that he never received a child support order, and has alway been faithful. What can I do legally? Our local Child Support Agency won't provide me any information because I'm not a "participating party".

Attorney Answers 1


You could try going to the state court website to see if there is a support order listed under your husband's name. You could also ask your husband to show you a copy of his credit report and see if a child support order is listed.

You could ask your husband for a copy of his wage statement and see what is being garnished and to whom the garnishment is being sent.

Disclaimer: This is not legal advice and shall not be relied on as legal advice. Answering this question does not create an attorney client relationship.

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics