I just received a Motion for Summary Judgment in the mail today. How many days do I have to file an opposition?

Las Vegas, NV |
Filed under: Property foreclosure

I'm in Foreclosure and I just received a Motion for Summary Judgment in the mail today. How many days do I have to file an opposition in District Court in Las Vegas, NV? It's not the same amount of time as answering the initial Complaint, right?

Last time I looked, the Nevada Rules of Civil Procedure provided you with 10 days to respond, plus 3 days for the mail to get to you. Hope this perspective helps!

2. It's in the paperwork you were served.

You should have an attorney handling this; there are specific requirements for such a motion, and if you lose, the case is over.

3. You would be much better served to have an attorney respond to this motion. As my colleague pointed out, if you lose, the lawsuit is over and the other party wins. I encourage you to meet with an attorney as soon as possible so there is adequate time to respond to the motion.

Disclaimer If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney. The answers to questions submitted on this site do not constitute a solicitation or the provision of legal advice and should not be used as a substitute for obtaining legal advice from an attorney licensed or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Since legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, the answers provided should not be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel. You should always consult a suitably qualified attorney regarding any specific legal problem or matter. The Law Office of Loren A Piel Ltd assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on this response and disclaims all liability in respect to such information. The response to your question is not intended to and does not create an attorney-client relationship and does not constitute legal advice. No information you provide through this website is protected by attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship can only be created by the mutual assent of both parties and only after a consultation. The Law Office of Loren A Piel Ltd cannot agree to be retained as counsel until a conflict-of-interest check is completed and a written engagement and fee agreement provided by The Law Office of Loren A Piel Ltd is signed. If you choose to email me, do not include any confidential, secret or otherwise sensitive information concerning any potential or actual legal matter in the email transmission. Unsolicited emails do not create an attorney-client relationship and confidential or secret information included in such emails cannot be protected from disclosure. I am only authorized to practice law in the jurisdictions in which I have been properly licensed. I am not certified by any state's or jurisdiction's board of legal specialization; nor certified as an "expert" or "specialist" pursuant to any authority governing the practice of law. The Law Office of Loren A Piel Ltd does not through this site seek to represent anyone in a jurisdiction where this site may fail to comply with the laws and ethical rules of that jurisdiction.