I just received a Motion for Summary Judgment in the mail today. How many days do I have to file an opposition?

Asked over 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

I'm in Foreclosure and I just received a Motion for Summary Judgment in the mail today. How many days do I have to file an opposition in District Court in Las Vegas, NV? It's not the same amount of time as answering the initial Complaint, right?

1. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Last time I looked, the Nevada Rules of Civil Procedure provided you with 10 days to respond, plus 3 days for the mail to get to you. Hope this perspective helps!

2. Richard Edmund Hawkins

Pro

1

1

Answered . It's in the paperwork you were served.

You should have an attorney handling this; there are specific requirements for such a motion, and if you lose, the case is over.

3. Loren A Piel

Answered . You would be much better served to have an attorney respond to this motion. As my colleague pointed out, if you lose, the lawsuit is over and the other party wins. I encourage you to meet with an attorney as soon as possible so there is adequate time to respond to the motion.