I just rearended a lady and i dont have insurance. no one was hurt. damage was minor. We exchanged info. can i be picked up and

Asked over 1 year ago - Auburn, WA

charged for this?

1. Kevin Coluccio

10

Answered . Likely that you will not be charged with any citation, but, you will be held responsible for the damages you caused.

2. Steven Mark Sweat

Pro

10

Answered . Get your insurance reinstated immediately.

3. William John Carlson

Pro

8

Answered . You won't be arrested. You are responsible for the damage you caused. The woman's insurance company will likely report you to the Department of Motor Vehicles as an uninsured driver involved in an accident. That may affect your ability to renew your tabs. I suggest you get an auto insurance liability policy immediately.

4. Crystal Grace Rutherford

Pro

7

Answered . With insurance or not, you are responsible for all the damages you caused.

Please note that there is no correlation between automobile damage and injuries. Very, very often persons involved in collisions do not feel that they are hurt at a scene of a collision due to adrenaline and other factors. However, all too often, the symptoms appear later, usually the next day or so.

You must take responsibility and pay the damages or your license may be revoked or suspended under the Financial Laws of Responsibly. If the person or their insurance demand more than just the property damage, make sure that you agreeing to pay for a set amount and that it is not a moving target. I recommend that before you sign anything that you consult with an attorney.

5. Daniel Nelson Deasy

7

Answered . Why drive without insurance? Get that squared away right away!!

Pro

7

Answered . Get insurance!

7. Sean P. Wickens

Pro

5

Answered . Based on the information that you have provided, it doesn't appear that you would be charged with any criminal or civil infractions. However, if you were the fault driver then the other driver or their insurance carrier may submit a claim to the Washington Department of Licensing which could result in suspension of your license to drive until you have paid for the cost of the other driver's damages.

8. Michael Shemtoub

6

Answered . Please contact a local attorney for representation.

9. Leonard Semenea

3

Answered . It is difficult to determine if anyone was hurt at the crash site. If the person you hit is in fact injured and they have uninsured motorist coverage, you may hear from her insurance company, If she, the lady, does not have uninsured motorist coverage and sustained injuries related to the car crash, you are still legally responsible to pay for her crash related injuries. Please make sure that you purchase an insurance policy immediately.