I just rearended a lady and i dont have insurance. no one was hurt. damage was minor. We exchanged info. can i be picked up and

Auburn, WA |

charged for this?

1. Get your insurance reinstated immediately.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.

2. Likely that you will not be charged with any citation, but, you will be held responsible for the damages you caused.

3. Please contact a local attorney for representation.

View my website & give me a call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com www.KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

4. You won't be arrested. You are responsible for the damage you caused. The woman's insurance company will likely report you to the Department of Motor Vehicles as an uninsured driver involved in an accident. That may affect your ability to renew your tabs. I suggest you get an auto insurance liability policy immediately.

5. Why drive without insurance? Get that squared away right away!!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

6. With insurance or not, you are responsible for all the damages you caused.

Please note that there is no correlation between automobile damage and injuries. Very, very often persons involved in collisions do not feel that they are hurt at a scene of a collision due to adrenaline and other factors. However, all too often, the symptoms appear later, usually the next day or so.

You must take responsibility and pay the damages or your license may be revoked or suspended under the Financial Laws of Responsibly. If the person or their insurance demand more than just the property damage, make sure that you agreeing to pay for a set amount and that it is not a moving target. I recommend that before you sign anything that you consult with an attorney.

7. Based on the information that you have provided, it doesn't appear that you would be charged with any criminal or civil infractions. However, if you were the fault driver then the other driver or their insurance carrier may submit a claim to the Washington Department of Licensing which could result in suspension of your license to drive until you have paid for the cost of the other driver's damages.

8. It is difficult to determine if anyone was hurt at the crash site. If the person you hit is in fact injured and they have uninsured motorist coverage, you may hear from her insurance company, If she, the lady, does not have uninsured motorist coverage and sustained injuries related to the car crash, you are still legally responsible to pay for her crash related injuries. Please make sure that you purchase an insurance policy immediately.