I just quit my job because i had another job offer and my boss got in my face about it so i left and now he is saying i owe him.

Asked over 1 year ago - Monroe, NY

i left on a tuesday at the end of the day and went back in on friday to return my uniforms and pick up my paycheck. and instead of getting my check i got a list of things my boss is charging me for totaling upwards of 700 dollars. things that happened weeks even months ago that i was never told i had to pay for. he took half of the money out of my paycheck and made me sign a hand written peice of paper saying i will pay him the rest. (i just scribbled) but i had to or he wasnt going to give me the rest of my paycheck. and then he wanted me to sign the rest back over to him once he gave it to me. i have already contacted the department of labor and labor standards and im going next week to fill out forms so they can launch an investigation. but what else should i do? i am worried.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . Let the Department of Labor deal with it.

2. Vincent Peter White

2

Answered . This is right in the wheel house of what the Department of Labor Wage Enforcement Division handles, you are in good hands.

3. James K. Lyder

2

Answered . What he did looks illegal and the Dept of Labor will get to the bottom of it. Be patient.