I just posted bond for a failure to appear bench warrant in Michigan

Asked over 4 years ago - Lapeer, MI

Hi, I just recently posted bond for a failure to appear bench warrant in Michigan. I have to appear for court soon to handle this issue. I'm wondering what is my best bet to avoid jail time.

1. Jared Clayton Austin

Answered . That will depend on some things including your prior record, if you have any prior FTAs, what your excuse was for not showing up. I would definately suggest having an attorney to represent you in this or at least consult with one. Feel free to give me a call at (517) 614-1983. Good luck!

2. William J. Maze

Answered . The bond you posted should cover your failure to appear. The judge may ask some additional questions, and the judge could raise the bond if you appear to be a flight risk. But I wouldn't worry about the failure to appear too much. The bigger issue is, what are you charged with? If it's a jay-walking ticket, you're probably in the clear. If it's a felony firearm, you're probably going to jail unless you are prepared to present a defense. Of course, there's everything in between too. Best to contact a lawyer on this case. My firm is a DUI defense firm, but if you call and I can't help you, I'd be happy to refer the case to someone I trust. I have a network of attorneys across Michigan, and they all tend to be outstanding attorneys in their various areas of practice.

-- William Maze, Maze Legal Group
    http://www.DUImaze.com
    http://www.Michigan-Drunk-Driving.com