I just moved into a home on 19 acres and signed a 2 year lease, after moving in landlord says we cant walk into the woods?

Newburgh, NY |

The house was shown and included the 19 acres of land also was put on a web site through a realitor company showing the home with 19acres that belong with it apon moving in landlord calls to say we cannot walk into the woods???? nothing states in the lease about not being able to enjoy the property that was included with the rental. My family and i are needless to say very upset and wounder what is our rights as paying tenants inthis case.

1. If the house was listed/advertised with the use of the land and the lease is silent on the issue then you can use the land. Keep the listing and advertising and be certain that the written lease does not prohibit the use of the land. If the landlord tries to stop you from using the land see an attorney.

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and all copies and attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Unless specifically stated otherwise, any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this communication shall not be deemed to be legal or tax advice, and no attorney-client relationship shall be deemed to have been created.