I just moved into a home on 19 acres and signed a 2 year lease, after moving in landlord says we cant walk into the woods?

Asked over 1 year ago - Newburgh, NY

The house was shown and included the 19 acres of land also was put on a web site through a realitor company showing the home with 19acres that belong with it apon moving in landlord calls to say we cannot walk into the woods???? nothing states in the lease about not being able to enjoy the property that was included with the rental. My family and i are needless to say very upset and wounder what is our rights as paying tenants inthis case.

1. Richard J. Chertock

Pro

4

Answered . If the house was listed/advertised with the use of the land and the lease is silent on the issue then you can use the land. Keep the listing and advertising and be certain that the written lease does not prohibit the use of the land. If the landlord tries to stop you from using the land see an attorney.