I just lost my worker comp case on the 18th of this month I want to appeal it how long do I have to find another attorney to app

Asked about 1 year ago - Bakersfield, CA

injured 5/28/12 at work had surgery 9/12/12 got a lawyer in October 2012 went to trial last month lost my case on the 18th of this month I want to appeal it I need help

1. Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Pro

5

Best Answer

Answered . Very few attorneys will even consider taking your case at this point. You have already lost for a reason that is likely to be a good reason. No lawyer wants to come in after the case is already in that bad of a posture and spend his or her time and energy on it on a contingent fee arrangement. Probably better to stick with the lawyer who lost the case and see if he or she will appeal it, unless you are sure that lawyer is not competent to do it.

2. Irina Rubin

Pro

4

1

Answered . You have 20 days to appeal. However, I can't imagine any attorney taking over your case now. Have a meeting with your attorney ASAP. Discuss if there are grounds to appeal. Just because you want to appeal, does not mean there are grounds for it, unfortunately.

Also, your attorney might be able to settle your case if the other side thinks he might appeal the decision.

Thus, talk to your attorney as soon as possible.

3. Peter Joon-Sung Hong

3

Answered . I agree with the posts here, but it`d be important to know what issue or issues you lost at trial.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now