I just lost my worker comp case on the 18th of this month I want to appeal it how long do I have to find another attorney to app

Bakersfield, CA |

injured 5/28/12 at work had surgery 9/12/12 got a lawyer in October 2012 went to trial last month lost my case on the 18th of this month I want to appeal it I need help

Very few attorneys will even consider taking your case at this point. You have already lost for a reason that is likely to be a good reason. No lawyer wants to come in after the case is already in that bad of a posture and spend his or her time and energy on it on a contingent fee arrangement. Probably better to stick with the lawyer who lost the case and see if he or she will appeal it, unless you are sure that lawyer is not competent to do it.

This answer is intended as general information and not as specific legal advice. If you want to have a free consultation with me, please contact me through AVVO.

what if at the trial my injured wasn't talk about and hasn't been talked about since my injury.. The lawyer didn't ask my anything about my injury and neither did the judge.

You have 20 days to appeal. However, I can't imagine any attorney taking over your case now. Have a meeting with your attorney ASAP. Discuss if there are grounds to appeal. Just because you want to appeal, does not mean there are grounds for it, unfortunately.

Also, your attorney might be able to settle your case if the other side thinks he might appeal the decision.

Thus, talk to your attorney as soon as possible.

Thank you...

I agree with the posts here, but it`d be important to know what issue or issues you lost at trial.

at my trial they didn't talk about my injury and the lawyer I had didn't mention my injury once to me so do you think I have a chance at winning a appeal