I just lost my worker comp case on the 18th of this month I want to appeal it how long do I have to find another attorney to app

Asked about 1 year ago - Bakersfield, CA

injured 5/28/12 at work had surgery 9/12/12 got a lawyer in October 2012 went to trial last month lost my case on the 18th of this month I want to appeal it I need help

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Very few attorneys will even consider taking your case at this point. You have already lost for a reason that is likely to be a good reason. No lawyer wants to come in after the case is already in that bad of a posture and spend his or her time and energy on it on a contingent fee arrangement. Probably better to stick with the lawyer who lost the case and see if he or she will appeal it, unless you are sure that lawyer is not competent to do it.

    This answer is intended as general information and not as specific legal advice. If you want to have a free... more
  2. Irina Rubin


    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You have 20 days to appeal. However, I can't imagine any attorney taking over your case now. Have a meeting with your attorney ASAP. Discuss if there are grounds to appeal. Just because you want to appeal, does not mean there are grounds for it, unfortunately.

    Also, your attorney might be able to settle your case if the other side thinks he might appeal the decision.

    Thus, talk to your attorney as soon as possible.

    Good luck.

  3. Peter Joon-Sung Hong

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with the posts here, but it`d be important to know what issue or issues you lost at trial.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now