I just have 2 clas b misdemeanor pending ?dwi and leaving scene of accident

Dallas, TX |

am i looking for deportation if i accept the plea bargain ?

You should consult with an immigration attorney. If you have a green card and no other history, a DWI that results in probation of 364 days or less or a jail sentence less than that generally won't affect immigration status. I would try to get the leaving the scene dismissed as part of any agreement.
    Austin DWI Lawyer 512-495-1813
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

2. In addition to your criminal defense attorney, you need to contact an immigration attorney immediately. Both attorneys will need to work together to best advise you as to how your criminal charges will effect your immigration status.

Good luck,
    Martin Zimmerman

Martin Zimmerman, P.C. 189 E. San Antonio St. P.O. Box 310704 New Braunfels, Texas 78131-0704 Tel: (830) 606-7886 Fax: (830) 627-2890 The information contained in and transmitted with this e-mail is: 1) Subject to the Attorney-Client Privilege; 2) Attorney Work Product; or 3) Confidential It is intended only for the individual or entity designated above. Any distribution, copying, use of, or reliance upon the information contained in and transmitted with this facsimile by or to anyone other than the recipient designated above by the sender is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Martin Zimmerman, P.C. by telephone

3. Yes. You need a DWI attorney fighting the criminal cases and an immigration attorney handling the deportation issue.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

DUI topics