I just have 2 clas b misdemeanor pending ?dwi and leaving scene of accident

Asked about 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

am i looking for deportation if i accept the plea bargain ?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Richard Timothy Jones


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You should consult with an immigration attorney. If you have a green card and no other history, a DWI that results in probation of 364 days or less or a jail sentence less than that generally won't affect immigration status. I would try to get the leaving the scene dismissed as part of any agreement.
    Austin DWI Lawyer 512-495-1813

    My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client... more
  2. Martin Ben Zimmerman

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . In addition to your criminal defense attorney, you need to contact an immigration attorney immediately. Both attorneys will need to work together to best advise you as to how your criminal charges will effect your immigration status.

    Good luck,
    Martin Zimmerman

    Martin Zimmerman, P.C. 189 E. San Antonio St. P.O. Box 310704 New Braunfels, Texas 78131-0704 Tel: (830) 606-... more
  3. Macy Michelle Jaggers


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes. You need a DWI attorney fighting the criminal cases and an immigration attorney handling the deportation issue.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,903 answers this week

2,798 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary