Skip to main content

I just had surgery for endometriosis from a c-section I had 12yrs ago. It's was 5cms. can I sue?

Pittsburgh, PA |

For years I was told it was period pains

Attorney Answers 5

  1. I expect you are way too late.
    Give a call to a local lawyer to be sure.
    You can use the AVVO find a lawyer tab.

  2. The statute of limitations in Pennsylvania is 2 years from when you knew you were injured or from when you reasonably should have discovered the injury based upon the signs and symptoms associated with the injury. I believe that you would have a difficult time convincing a jury that you were not aware that somethinfg was wrong for the last 12 years. However, every case is different and you should consult with a local attorney specializing in medical malpractice cases.

  3. I would say from the facts you set forth, no.

  4. Just to be safe, check with Bill Caroselli in Pittsburgh.

    Please note that these answers are provided as a community service and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  5. The statute of limitations in my state is 2 years with exceptions.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics