I just had my marriage interview, she take out my I-94,but the officer said she will send the result within 90 days

Asked over 3 years ago - Joliet, IL

The question and answer went well..Is it denied? Thanks.

the officer also said that she will review our documents.as i noticed she's not familiar with the divorce law..re of signing of the divorce paper when the husband is not living in USA..i told her that i sent it by mail.I got my divorce last year, certified and with the judge signature and it was done properly in court even my ex husband not present..do you think this is the reason why she need to review our docs?

1. Patrice Dayale Dziire

Pro

Answered . No, not until you receive an official denial. If you want to stay on top of any movements in the case, sign up for case tracking on the USCIS website.

2. Elizabeth Rompf Bruen

Answered . I think your experience is pretty typical for interviews at the USCIS Chicago Field Office. Most officers tell applicants that they will receive a decision in the mail within 90 days. In my experience, the answer usually comes within 30 days - either via email through the USCIS online system recommended by a prior poster or in the mail.

Respectfully,
    Elizabeth

Elizabeth Rompf Bruen
    Scott D. Pollock & Associates
    105 W. Madison Street, Suite 2200
    Chicago, IL 60602
    (312) 444-1940 (phone)
    (312) 444-1950 (fax)
    ebruen@lawfirm1.com
    www.lawfirm1.com

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . If you were not told it was denied, then it has not been denied. Whether it will be denied or approved depends on the facts of the case, and the attorneys on Avvo do not know those facts.