I just had my bank account levied. what do I do?

Asked over 5 years ago - Boca Raton, FL

no notices. no nothing. bank says i can call the lawyer and work something out and the account will be released. is this true? also, how bad does this affect my credit. the bank said it shouldnt be as long as its handle quickly. im freakin! any advice would be great

1. Mark Jason Rose

Answered . If your assets were frozen inappropriately you will likely be able to reach a resolution quickly with the attorney who is garnishing the funds. You may be able to work out something with the attorney, however it would have been more effective to negotiate before your assets were frozen. Of course each case is unique and more information would be necessary to completely evaluate your issue.

Mark J. Rose, Esq.
    www.MarkJRoseLaw.com

2. Mark Jason Rose

Mark J. Rose, Esq.
    www.MarkJRoseLaw.com

3. Okorie Okorocha

1

1

Answered . I think there is a procedure to challenge these in most states. I would contact a lawyer ASAP.

My standard disclaimer: I am not offering legal advice, assume I do not know the law in your state and that I am just making suggestions for starting points for when you do speak with an attorney. Do NOT rely on anything I write and contact a lawyer in your area immediately after reading my posting.