I just had glass pulled out of my face from an accident 25 yrs ago is the hospital responsible that stitched me up.

the area of the stitches turned black 2 weeks ago and swollen. could feel something coming out tonight went to er had cscan it stated foreign object have piece of glass that was taken out

Medford, MA -

David J. McCormick

David J. McCormick

Personal Injury Lawyer - Milwaukee, WI

Since it has been over 25 years your time to file any lawsuit has long passed.

Sorry.

Sponsored Listing
Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

I'm glad that you are ok, and a lawsuit against the hospital would be fruitless.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
Jeffrey Mark Adams

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Bronx, NY

Any tolling provision has likely run. Even if not, the problem, fortunately, as you describe was inconsequential. Happy new year.

David McCormack

David McCormack

Personal Injury Lawyer - Boston, MA

Based on your description, both the statute of limitations and the statute of repose have lapsed and you would not be able to bring a claim.

George Charles Samiotes

George Charles Samiotes

Personal Injury Lawyer - Wayland, MA

In Massachusetts you normally have three years to bring a negligence lawsuit against a hospital. However, when the negligence and harm are inherently unknowable the running of the three year period begins on the happening of an event likely to put you on notice. Depending on the facts of your case you may be able to argue that the three year period has not run out yet because only until recently were you put on notice.

Michael Shemtoub

Michael Shemtoub

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Los Angeles, CA

I am sorry for what you have been through. However, your time frame to file a lawsuit has expired.
Good Luck

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com

www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference