I just got my apeal notice to show up on April 4th, but I am working out of country until may, how can I get a continuance?

Asked over 1 year ago - Boston, MA

Traffic citation was given at 8:20 am December 13th, I was parked half in cross walk next to coffee shop, when the cop pulled up, I was in the getting a coffee but left the car running with doors locked keys in pocket. I was cited for texting,c. 90 :13B, blocking crosswalk c. 89:11; and unattended motor vehicle c. 90:13, the cop was a real jerk, I was not even in car, he told me that he didn't care that I was not driving or that the texting citation was bogus, just smiled and said "I don't care if you were doing anything wrong or not, just apeal it". In full disclosure I do have a bad driving record from a few years back, and when he approached me on the sidewalk he asked for my license and I admitted to a parking violation explaining that because I was not in the car, it was not moving

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . Not an immigration question.

2. Benjamin Urbelis

1

Answered . Go to the court and talk to the clerk. Ask for a continuance.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . I agree with Mr. Shusterman ... not an immigration question.

4. Emma A. Kremer

Answered . If you will be out of the country, you may want to either call the court where the hearing is being held and ask if the date can be pushed out or consult an attorney who may be able to file a motion to continue on your behalf but I'm not sure if that is necessary for such a hearing so you should check with the court first. Best of luck.