I just got kicked out of amherst ny drug court. im being sent back to the criminal calander. is there any way to avoid jail time

Buffalo, NY |

im charged with possession of a controlled substance

To some degree it would depend on why you got kicked out of drug court. An attorney would need many more facts before trying to answer your question. There are always ways to avoid jail time, but certainly no guarantees. You should pose this question to your attorney and discuss possible options to achieve the desired results. Good luck.

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Brooklynlaw.net Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: howard@brooklynlaw.net. This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

Being kicked out is bad but you don't give any facts to even allow a guess. I suggest you discuss the matter with your lawyer, who is the person who knows your case best.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

While it does not look good, all hope is not lost. Discuss with your attorney why you were kicked out and try and either change the circumstances or negate them.

I have practiced in Amherst for 30 years and am very familiar with their drug court. Check out my website and Avvo rating of "10.0 superb" and my client reviews. There are many ways to help you to try to avoid a jail sentence but I would need more information about your case.
John J Carney Esq. 917 696 2363