I just got kicked out of amherst ny drug court. im being sent back to the criminal calander. is there any way to avoid jail time

Asked 11 months ago - Buffalo, NY

im charged with possession of a controlled substance

1. Howard A. Schwartz

3

Answered . To some degree it would depend on why you got kicked out of drug court. An attorney would need many more facts before trying to answer your question. There are always ways to avoid jail time, but certainly no guarantees. You should pose this question to your attorney and discuss possible options to achieve the desired results. Good luck.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . Being kicked out is bad but you don't give any facts to even allow a guess. I suggest you discuss the matter with your lawyer, who is the person who knows your case best.

3. Terri Beth Kalker

Pro

1

Answered . While it does not look good, all hope is not lost. Discuss with your attorney why you were kicked out and try and either change the circumstances or negate them.

4. John J. Carney

Pro

1

Answered . I have practiced in Amherst for 30 years and am very familiar with their drug court. Check out my website and Avvo rating of "10.0 superb" and my client reviews. There are many ways to help you to try to avoid a jail sentence but I would need more information about your case.
    John J Carney Esq. 917 696 2363