I just got caught with petit larceny a few days ago, would this be my first offense?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fairfax, VA

I was 14 when I was first caught. I went to court and had to go through a special program. they said my record would be sealed from the public when I turn 18. Right now i'm wondering if this counts as a second offense?

1. Ann Marie Thayer

Pro

Answered . There is case law that indicates the court did not intend for juvenile adjudications of delinquency to count as a prior criminal conviction so this new charge should be your first. You should contact an attorney.

2. Darren Douglas Meyer

Pro

Answered . Most juvenile records are expunged pursuant to code after a period of time. Regardless it should be treated as a first offense. If you would like to further discuss your options feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
    Darren Meyer
    (540) 840-8470 - cell
    www.darrenmeyerlaw.com

3. Gilbert F. Nason Jr.

Answered . Maybe, But you should contact a lawyer to defend the current charge.