I just got a voluntary dismissal without prejudice. Does it mean I dont owe anymore.? Can 2nd mortgage bank still foreclose me?

Asked almost 6 years ago - Palm Beach, FL

I received a notice that foreclosure was filed on my home ifrom my primary lender in September. Now in April I just got a letter Notice of Voluntary Dismissal of Defendant without prejudice. I have a second mortgage with another bank also. I am not sure what this notice means in relation to my outstanding unpaid loans and what I should do at this point.

1. Answered . Without prejudice means the matter can be brought up again. If is not a final dismissal. Make sure you keep the notice and do not throw it away. If you ever hear about the matter again you should contact your lawyer.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-cho...

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney with whom you have established an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.