I just got a phone message from a DEA agent asking me to call him. Could it be for ordering meds online 5 yrs ago?

Berkeley, CA |

The website had a health questionnaire that was supposed to be submitted to a MD. I think it was even called legal online prescriptions.

You should probably have an attorney give the DEA a call to see what he wants. I would not make any statements to the DEA or any police agency, especially since you don't know what this is about.

Legal disclaimer: This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm. Visit

I agree with my colleague. You should have a lawyer. If he is calling about the meds., they may be only interested in you as a witness against the supplier, but you want an attorney to find out what is going on and whether you are a target of an investigation before you agree to answer any questions.

I agree, the first call you should make is to an attorney licensed in your state. It is always a better idea to speak with an experienced attorney, licensed in your state, before you make any statements to a government agency.

Jason D. Stone
Stone Law, P.C.

Jason D. Stone 732-444-6303. This is not legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. You should speak to an attorney for further information.

I would be very careful dealing with the DEA on your own. You need to retain legal counsel to represent you and have your attorney contact the DEA.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further. My email is

The answers to these questions are intended for informational purposes. The attorney-client privilege does not attach and will not attach unless a written contact is entered into with Ms. Daly's firm. CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: If the above relates to a tax matter then, pursuant to Treasury Department Rules, we must advise you of the following: The advice contained in this communication was not intended or written to be used and cannot be used for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service. Under the applicable Rules, a taxpayer may rely on our advice to avoid penalties only if the advice is reflected in a more formal tax opinion that conforms to IRS standards

I agree with the attorneys that you should not be the one placing the call to the DEA, especially if you concerned about getting in trouble for buying meds without a valid prescription. However, the DEA is generally not interested in arresting and prosecuting the occasional consumer. They're focus is on targeting rogue online pharmacies.

My comments are provided for general information purposes only. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, emails, or other communications through Avvo should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information on this website is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Lawyers are licensed to practice on a state by state basis; do not act on information contained on this website without first speaking to an attorney licensed to practice in your state.