I just got a doctors note to stay out of work until next thursday due to the anxiety of the discrimination and harrassment

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I received from my boss. I reported it to personnel and the ombudsman. I now have to be on anxiety drugs and and can't operate a vehicle. I am a sales rep and have a company car. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and my boss caused this on the job infliction of emotional distress. I was told I get 5 sick days and then short term disability. Doesn't the company have to pay since it's on the job infliction and working in a hostile work environment. I need a contingency lawyer to help me with this difficult situation. Please provide advice

1. Vincent Peter White

4

Answered . I would suggest arranging a free consultation with an experienced employment attorney near you. This is often a crucial time in a discrimination case and I suspect you need very detailed guidance.

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

3

Answered . If they company pays your sick days or not depends on your agreement with them and how they treat other employees. As to the discrimination portion of your case, you need to meet with an Employment discrimination attorney.

3. Marco Caviglia

1

Answered . Professional sales is a high stress, demanding job, although one of the more rewarding financial professions available. Your symptoms will be difficult to show that it is your boss' doing given the nature of the work. The self-serving statements by your physician are merely a reiteration of what you told the doc, so are of no value. Go ahead and discuss you matter with an employment attorney, but you might also seek another line of work, since your health is diminishing. Good luck.