I just got a 3rd dui. what will happened to me???

Feasterville, PA |

I have a 3 year old daughter and just can't stand to be in jail away from her. Please give me advice. I can't afford a lawyer. thank you, Kristin Smith

You are looking at a year in jail. If you cannot afford a private attorney then apply for a public defender.

You may not think you can afford a lawyer, but you really should consult with one. If the DUI is based on a BAC of .16 or above, or related to drugs, you may be facing a mandatory minimum jail sentence of 1-2 years, possibly in state prison. As the jail time is significant, you really should see a lawyer promptly. Many lawyers, myself included, will work with you to make the services affordable.

This answer is based on general legal principles only and is not intended to provide specific legal advice. This answer is for informational purposes only and does not constitute the formation of a lawyer-client relationship. Any reader of this answer should not make decisions based upon it without first directly consulting with an attorney in person.

Ross Marvin Miller

Ross Marvin Miller

Also, I see you have pit your name in the question. Delete your name if it is possible to edit or remove your question and do not discuss any specific details on a public forum like this. If you actually contact an attorney directly, your communication will be priveleged and confidential.

First of all you should hire a good attorney immediately because you are facing a lot of jail time as well as a lengthy drivers suspension. If you cannot afford an attorney I agree Mr. Keller that you should talk with the public defender. There are some very good public defenders and you do not want to go into this alone. I hope this helps. Thanks.

Unless there is an acquittal, there is a mandatory jail time. Only an experienced criminal attorney can tell you if there is a possibility of of acquittal, possibility of house arrest etc. If you cannot afford an attorney, you should apply for a public defender. This is as much of an advice any attorney can give you online

If convicted, you will be doing a mandatory minimum of one year in jail. You need to hire an attorney as this is a serious matter and needs to be handled properly.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

You need to speak with an experienced DUI defense attorney immediately. Most, including myself, will provide you with a free consultation. Then, if you cannot work out payment arrangements, you can apply for a public defender. At least then you should have more knowledge. For example, you may only be facing a ten day minimum sentence. Moreover, there may be other sentencing options available.

The information provided here is not intended to provide legal advice on any subject nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Actual resolution of legal issues depends upon many factors, including variations of facts and state laws. The information is provided for information purposes only.

Because you posted your name, you would be well advised not to post anything further about this matter on a public forum.

Since you cannot afford an attorney, my suggestion would be to contact the public defender's office. They will be in the best position to offer advice.

Thanks for your question and best of luck!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER Mr. Fienman is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. His phone number is 215-839-9529 and his email address is michael@forgoodlaw.com . To learn more about Mr. Fienman, please visit his website: http://www.forgoodlaw.com Mr. Fienman is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Fienman's responses are merely educational and are intended only to provide general information about the matter stated in question. Oftentimes, the question does not include significant facts that, if known, could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Fienman always recommends that the questioner contact an attorney who is licensed in their state to ensure that proper advice is received. Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any information in this comment may not be used to eliminate or reduce penalties by the IRS or any other governmental agency.