I just got a 3rd dui. what will happened to me???

Asked over 1 year ago - Feasterville, PA

I have a 3 year old daughter and just can't stand to be in jail away from her. Please give me advice. I can't afford a lawyer. thank you, Kristin Smith

1. Ross Marvin Miller

9

Answered . You may not think you can afford a lawyer, but you really should consult with one. If the DUI is based on a BAC of .16 or above, or related to drugs, you may be facing a mandatory minimum jail sentence of 1-2 years, possibly in state prison. As the jail time is significant, you really should see a lawyer promptly. Many lawyers, myself included, will work with you to make the services affordable.

2. Robert C. Keller

7

Answered . You are looking at a year in jail. If you cannot afford a private attorney then apply for a public defender.

3. Zachary Cooper

7

Answered . First of all you should hire a good attorney immediately because you are facing a lot of jail time as well as a lengthy drivers suspension. If you cannot afford an attorney I agree Mr. Keller that you should talk with the public defender. There are some very good public defenders and you do not want to go into this alone. I hope this helps. Thanks.

4. Lidia L. Alperovich

Pro

7

Answered . Unless there is an acquittal, there is a mandatory jail time. Only an experienced criminal attorney can tell you if there is a possibility of of acquittal, possibility of house arrest etc. If you cannot afford an attorney, you should apply for a public defender. This is as much of an advice any attorney can give you online

5. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

7

Answered . If convicted, you will be doing a mandatory minimum of one year in jail. You need to hire an attorney as this is a serious matter and needs to be handled properly.

6. L. Kenneth Chotiner

Pro

5

Answered . You need to speak with an experienced DUI defense attorney immediately. Most, including myself, will provide you with a free consultation. Then, if you cannot work out payment arrangements, you can apply for a public defender. At least then you should have more knowledge. For example, you may only be facing a ten day minimum sentence. Moreover, there may be other sentencing options available.

7. Michael Harris Fienman

5

Answered . Because you posted your name, you would be well advised not to post anything further about this matter on a public forum.

Since you cannot afford an attorney, my suggestion would be to contact the public defender's office. They will be in the best position to offer advice.

Thanks for your question and best of luck!