Skip to main content

I just got 39:4–124 ticket for failure to turn. Im also on conditional discharge. Criminal. Probation

Glassboro, NJ |

I just got 39:4–124 ticket for failure to turn. Im also on conditional discharge. is going to violate my conditions? it is a 3 point ticket. what do i do?

Attorney Answers 7

  1. You are correct this is a 3 point ticket. But it should not violate your CD. I have never seen a simple moving violation cause any problems. But there is always a first time. This was not an arrest and will not be on your CCH because it is not considered a crimnal event in NJ. If you feel uncomfortable you can tell your PO just in case. You likely can get this reduced to a 2 point ticket or even a 0 point ticket by speaking to the prosecutor. An attorney can certainly do this better and may be able to get a non moving violation.

  2. A traffic ticket like this should have no bearing on your conditional discharge status.

  3. I agree that a moving violation should not jeopardize your CD.

  4. Your CD will not be impacted at all by this ticket. You can hire an attorney to try and keep the points and fines down on this 3 point ticket.

    John Ducey

  5. You will not only be assessed points and fines if you plead guilty but your insurance rate will also increase. You should hire an attorney to get the points reduced and save money in the long run. An attorney could most likely get the charge reduced to unsafe driving, a 0 point ticket. Please call if you have questions.

    It should be understood that even though I am answering your question, no attorney-client relationship exists between us. It should be further understood that while I am doing my best to answer your question based upon the information you provided, I do not have the complete facts and my answer might well be different, if I had more complete information. For these reasons, it is always best to consult either in person or by telephone with a lawyer and discuss your issues in detail.

  6. My colleagues are correct. This is a 3 point ticket but should not effect your probation status. This does not mean that you should not try to get the summons reduced to a lesser or no point violation. Feel free to call for more information.

    Benjamin G. Kelsen IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER PLEASE INDICATE YOUR APPRECIATION BY SELECTING IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen, Esq. LLC 179 Cedar Lane Teaneck, NJ 07666 Phone: 201-692-0073/ Fax: 201-692-0151 Web Site: / Email: NOT LEGAL ADVICE: The above information may contain an opinion which does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, we are not your legal representatives, and you should not rely on any opinions contained in this message.

  7. I agree with all of my colleagues that this moving violation should have no bearing at all on your conditional discharge status.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics